- Using zip tool like 7zip
- Excel VBA
Method 1: Using zip tool like 7zip:
- Download and install suitable 7Zip pack like 64 bit 32 bit from here
- Right click on Excel file and go to 7zip then open Archive
- Now Go to xl folder then worksheets there you will see sheet1.xml
- Right click on Sheet1.xml then click on edit
- Search for 'protection'
tag. Tag starts with ( )
- Now Save File and then click ok on 7zip popup to modify excel file
- Now You can edit or make changes in excel file protection is removed
Method 2: Using Excel VBA:
1. Open your worksheet which has been protected before.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: recover lost worksheet protection password
4. Then click F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box will pop out, click OK to close it, and your passwords of the protected worksheet will be canceled at once.